Saturday, February 21, 2009

Stars and skeeters

This is Orion. And he wouldn't all fit in one frame. For the first time in my life, I actually could see his bow. I'd always known it was there, but in the two nights before Christmas, he was in all his splendor!



The campground had this alley of sorts in a little valley. During the day you could see all the carved floats, surfboards, nets, etc. that decorated it. I have no idea if it was a kind of homage to Hawaiian gods or if it was simply artfully stored flotsam that had washed ashore, but at night someone lit the candles inside the floats and it looked very Halloweeny. One night we decided to take pictures of what we could, and let me tell you, we called it Mosquito Grotto for the rest of our stay. We got eaten alive in there! I had over 60 bug bites in the three weeks we were in Hawaii, and most of them were from right here.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment